What area do you need?
A table and two chairs set somewhere out of the wind and sun is all we need to get started! We can provide them if you need us to.
Is there a deposit?
A 50% non refundable deposit is required to hold your day and needs to be paid within 3 days of booking.
The balance needs to be paid in cash or transfer (show performer the transfer receipt) on the day to your painter.
What happens if I need to cancel / change the time?
We will do our best to accommodate any time changes, but in busy times this may not be feasible.
The deposit is non refundable as we turn away other work for the date you have locked in.
If your event is cancelled one week prior to the booking date – we will credit your deposit your next booking (within 3 months subject to availability)
Cancel within 48hrs of the date you will forfeit your deposit (If you are a corporate client and you cancel your event within 7 days of the date you will forfeit your deposit.)
What if more children turn up than planned?
We can only do so many faces per hour – so while we will try to accommodate any extra faces but that will mean that our designs will be less intricate – we can only guarantee we can do the amount we have been booked in for. Parents often want to get painted too – which is fine but please be aware of the time frame.
If you wish to have the painter stay longer on the day it is $50 per half an hour and needs to be paid on the day.
What sort of face paint do you use?
We use a mix of professional make up grade face paints and cosmetic glitter.
They don't crack, dry fast and are easy to remove and have antibacterial properties.
My child gets a reaction from paint!
We can paint a design on the arm for those kids who have sensitive skin or avoid areas that may be irritated as our designs are very adaptable. A patch test can also be done. It is the responsibility of the carer to tell the painter this as we cannot be held responsible for any allergic reactions. Let your guests know BEFORE the party that face painting is going to be present.
If children don’t wish to be painted.
If children don’t want to have their faces painted – we can offer to paint on their arms or hands or paint on a tattoo (popular with older kids that are to cool for a face paint!) while we do our best to engage children with the face painting – it’s not the painters fault if children refuse to be painted and we won’t paint unwilling or upset children or babies.
Do you have insurance and working with children checks?
Yes we do! Up to 20 Million.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS and WH&S
- We will refuse to paint anyone who is abusive, violent, or intoxicated or displaying unsociable or inappropriate behaviour (adults or children).
- Anyone who is obviously unwell (runny nose/temperature/rash) or any other visible skin complaint (eczema; chicken pox; acne; cold sore; open wounds; eye infections etc) as this may irritate their condition further and cause infection in others. If possible they may have their hand or arm painted.
- Artists will not paint any part of body or any place they do not feel comfortable painting. Artists will not paint any design or wording that is obscene or offensive.
- We ask that all children have permission to be face painted from their parent/carers. The organiser will be responsible for this.
- Children must have clean faces to be painted, carers are to remove dirt or food from the child’s face before painting.
- Parents/carers must be present while child is being painted - we do not supervise children as we will be busy entertaining
- We do not take children to the toilet.
- We will not paint children under 2 year’s old or unwilling children.
- We clean our kit fully after each job. We use only the high quality sponges, brushes and towels and take pride in the appearance of ourselves and our equipment.
- We change the brush water frequently.
- We ask that the children do not touch or play with the paints or equipment.
- Artists will use reasonable care, but are not responsible for damage to clothing or property.